Exclusive Surgery Insurance Now Available for Even More Peace of Mind
Meditours Hungary is now offering patients access to insurance for cosmetic surgery carried out abroad.
We provide access to surgeons who are members of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) and are covered by ISAPS surgical insurance.
Patients can therefore elect to be covered by this insurance which means that in the unlikely event corrective or remedial surgery is required, they can have it performed by another ISAPS surgeon anywhere in the world including their home country.
At Meditours Hungary we pride ourselves on the fact that we are able to offer our clients a comprehensive care package which means you are looked after from the moment you arrive in Budapest to the moment you leave. We are therefore delighted to inform you that as a valued client we can now also offer you access to surgical insurance for your surgery abroad. This is a very valuable benefit which sets Meditours Hungary apart from other providers in the region in terms of a total care package.
WHAT INSURANCE COVER IS PROVIDED?
Our surgeons are covered by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) which means that you can elect to be covered by an automatic insurance policy should there be a need for corrective surgery.
I ALREADY HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE, DOES THIS COVER ME ABROAD?
You should bear in mind that most cosmetic surgery procedures are considered elective and therefore not covered under some medical insurance policies.
Furthermore, your current medical insurance may not cover procedures carried out abroad including any follow up care should there be any complications.
WHY MIGHT I NEED THIS INSURANCE COVER?
Unfortunately complications do sometimes occur, albeit rarely, even with the most qualified surgeon.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
In the unlikely event that you require corrective or remedial surgery you would be able to elect to have this performed by another ISAPS surgeon anywhere in the world (should you choose not to go back to the original one). This surgery would be fully covered as per the insurance policy.
WHAT PROCEDURES ARE COVERED?
Procedures covered are as follows:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction/Mastopexy
- Fat Grafting Inner Arms
- Thighs Reduction
- Prominent Ears
WHAT DIAGNOSED CONDITIONS ARE COVERED?
Diagnosed conditions are as follows:
AbdominoplastyHaematoma, Seroma, Dog Ears, Wound Dehiscence, Infection, Necrosis Umbilicus
BlepharoplastyUppers: Dry Eyes, Red Eyes, Excess Fat Removal, Incomplete Skin Removal, Milial Cysts, Infection
Lowers: Ectropion, Entropion, Wet Eyes, Dry Eyes, Excess Fat Removal, Excess Skin Removal, Incomplete Fat Removal, Infection
Breast AugmentationHaematoma, Infection, Necrosis, Misshape, Malposition, Encapsulation (Baker Class III/IV), Protrusion Implant, Rash Breast
Reduction/MastopexyHaematoma, Infection, Skin Necrosis, Misshape, Dehiscence, Nipple Malposition, Fat Necrosis
FaceliftBleeding, Haematoma, Infection, Wound Necrosis, Nerve Injury, Seroma, Parotid Fistula, Ear Lobe Malposition, Hair Loss
Fat GraftingDonor Site Dimpling, Necrosis
Inner Arms/Thighs ReductionHaematoma, Infection, Skin Necrosis, Dog Ears, Seroma, Scar Problems
LiposuctionInadequate Fat Removal, Excessive Fat Removal, Redundant Skin, Dimpling, Fat Displacement, Infection
Prominent EarsBleeding, Haematoma, Cartilage Necrosis, Recurrence, Infection, Misshape
RhinoplastyBleeding, Infection, Excess Bone/Cartilage Removal, Incomplete Infracture, Bulky Tip, Supra Tip Depression, Airway Obstruction, Valving, CSF Leak, Orbital Cellulitis
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE POLICY?
In addition to any procedure or diagnosed condition not listed above, any remedial or corrective treatment which:
- directly or indirectly arises out of or is as a consequence of or is contributed to by any pre-existing condition;
- is as a consequence of the insertion of faulty prostheses or implants;
- is due to a cosmetic procedure not carried out by an ISAPS Member Surgeon;
- is for remedial or corrective treatment following surgery carried out for any post-operative infection caused by body piercing;
- if, at the time of the cosmetic procedure, the patient has Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or any condition arising from or related to HIV or Hepatitis A, B or C;
- if, at the time of the cosmetic procedure, the patient was not suitable for surgery in accordance with recognised, published contra-indications to surgery;
Exclusions also apply in respect of treatment which:
- is required for un-associated medical treatment;
- constitutes routine maintenance;
- is required for reasons solely attributable to smoking;
- in any way arises or results from attempted suicide or intentional self-injury;
- is regarding a medical condition which: a. has occurred due to substantial metal poisoning; b. arises from any sports injuries; c. relates to the patient having taken a drug used for the treatment of drug addiction; d. relates to the patient having taken alcohol or a drug (other than a prescription drug, properly prescribed); e. relates to the use of tissue-expanding prostheses or any other device where the volume of the implant can be altered postoperatively;
The policy does not cover additional treatment purely to improve the cosmetic result.
IMPORTANT NOTE the information on this site does not include the full list of exclusions. Full information is included in the policy documentation.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You can choose the amount of cover you would like from the table below:
|Level of Cover||Total Cost|
|€ 2,000||€ 120|
|€ 3,000||€ 180|
|€ 4,000||€ 240|
|€ 5,000||€ 300|
|€ 6,000||€ 360|
|€ 7,000||€ 420|
|€ 8,000||€ 480|
|€ 9,000||€ 540|
|€ 10,000||€ 600|
|€ 11,000||€ 660|
|€ 12,000||€ 720|
|€ 13,000||€ 780|
|€ 14,000||€ 840|
|€ 15,000||€ 900|
HOW DO I OPT FOR THIS COVER?
If you would like to opt for this valuable cover, just let us know in good time prior to your procedure.
WHERE CAN I GET FURTHER INFORMATION?
Further information can be obtained from your ISAPS surgeon prior to the procedure and also at the following link.
Please note Meditours Hungary is not an insurance broker and nor does it sell insurance products. The ISAPS insurance is applicable to approved surgeons and clinics and is provided by Sure Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.